Gymnastics is a sport that can improve overall fitness, strength, balance and body control. It also helps to improve athletic performance in any other sport.
Extended participation in gymnastics classes also provides many additional cognitive and psychological benefits that will continue to benefit children throughout their life. These include:
- Social interaction and discipline– children learn about teamwork; sportsmanship; fair play and dedication. The time required to master the fundamental skills requires a great amount of patience, dedication, perseverance.
- Improved mental focus and concentration--there is a significant relationship between physical activity and cognitive functioning in children. Children will also experience better hand-eye coordination and improve various communication skills.
- Education and an understanding of physics— the gymnast can experience a variety of effects in practice rather than just in theory, they will feel inertia, momentum and much more.
- Flexibility, balance and co-ordination–flexibility can also be an effective aid to the reduction of injury, preventing children from a limb to an injurious range of motion. By learning movements and combining them in a routine, the gymnast can attain greater flexibility and greater control of the body.
- Numerous health benefits— each level achieved through suitably planned training, children’s joint health, maintain muscular development and improve cardiovascular fitness will improve. Gymnastics can also provide a clear benefit in age-related functional decline and reduce the risk of osteoporosis. Gymnastics helps burn fat, also contributing to weight management, healthy cholesterol levels and blood pressure.
If you have had experience at any of these centers please feel free to leave comment below. In addition, if you know of additional gymnastics studios please let us know.
Dynamic Code Center
Ages: 3 and up
Fees: 1050 Sar per month (twice a week)
Location: Behind Jeddah Hilton
Ages: 4.5 and up
Fees: 900Sar for 10 classes
Ages: 4-10 yrs
NOTE: All classes at this facility are in ARABIC only.
Ages: 3 and up (boys allowed)
Fees: 500Sar/month (term packages also available for 1500Sar)–once a week
Expressions Fitness Club:
Monday/Wednesday: Ages 4-7 yrs, 430-530pm, fee: 1000Sar/month (twice a week) Note: this class is taught by a man and is co-ed–also limited English.
Gymnastics Beginner Lvl 1:
Sunday: Ages 4-6 yrs, 530-630pm, fee: 1250Sar/10 sessions
Gymnastics Intermediate A:
Sunday: ages 7-10yrs, 630-730pm,
Tuesday: ages based on skill, 430-530pm, fee: 1250 Sar
Gymnastics Intermediate B:
Tuesday: ages based on skill, 530-630pm, fee: 1250 Sar
Thursday: ages based on skill, 430-530pm, fee: 1250 Sar
Gymnastics Advanced Level I:
Tuesday: ages based on skill, 630-730pm, fee: 1250 Sar
Thursday: ages based on skill, 530-630pm, fee: 1250 Sar
Gymnastics Advanced Level II:
Thursday: ages based on skill, 630-730pm, fee: 1250 Sar
Ages: 3-12 yrs
Fees: 600Sar/Month. Classes are twice a week
Location: Al Naeem
Gymnastics for Children: Coach Abeer Al Najdy
Per class: 100 Sar
4 weeks: 600 Sar
8 weeks: 1100 sar
12 weeks: 1600 Sar
Boys aged from 4-9 and Girls from 4-13
Please call: 0555118415 or 0554655889
The location is at souq al shatee near oranos building
Fun Is Us
Ages: Girls 4-12 years and boys 4-9 years
Fees: 700Sar/Month. Classes are twice a week, on Mondays and Wednesdays.
Phone: 055 502 2353
Fees: for gym 300per month three classes per week
Location: Madina Road opposite to sooq Musadiya.
Phone: 054 980 4979
Motion Boutique and Jeddah Ballet Academy
Ages: 6 and up
Fees: 450 Sar/Month Once a week, Tuesday’s 5-6pm
Location: Naeem District (Near Jeddah Prep and Grammar)
Fees: 1500 for 3 months (this may be a promotional fee)
Location: Shatee (near Papaya)
Phone: 0126594169/ 0559801008/ 0126595440/ 0550880183